RADMYX™ crystalline waterproofing provides a cost effective and environmentally friendly system which gives total waterproofing protection for the life of a concrete structure.
RADMYX™ reacts with the hydration products of cement to form crystals within the cracks, pores and capillaries of concrete structures – thereby effectively blocking the passage of water. RADMYX™ can be added to fresh concrete as an admixture or applied onto an existing surface as a slurry.
Not only does RADMYX™ enhance the quality and durability of the concrete, it causes the concrete to become permanently self-sealing and water pressure resistant: thereby effecting great cost savings in labour and maintenance during construction and for the life of the structure.
- Provides lifetime waterproofing for concrete
- Seals initial and future cracks to 0.4mm
- Simple – Added to fresh concrete as an admixture or applied to existing structures as a slurry
- Low risk - unlike membranes which can delaminate, deteriorate or puncture
- Speeds construction times – Back-filling can commence immediately
- Efficient – Speeds construction, saving money
- Works positive and negative side
- Withstands hydrostatic pressure
- Environmentally friendly - non-toxic, VOC free, safe for potable water
Basements Water Holding Vessels
Ground Slabs Wastewater Structures
Tunnels Retaining Walls
Roof slabs (in certain conditions) Dams
Diaphragm Walls Swimming Pools
What does RADMYX™ do? Active chemicals in Radmyx react with the by-products of cement hydration to form insoluble, fibre-like crystals. These crystals fill the cracks, pores and capillaries in the concrete and stop the flow of water and resultant leakage through the concrete.
How does RADMYX™ do it? It is the process of osmosis that enables the RADMYX™ crystals to migrate through the concrete. Osmosis is where compounds of higher concentration move through a semi permeable barrier (concrete) to areas of low concentration. The crystals produced by the reaction of Radmyx move from their highest concentration - i.e. as applied to the surface (slurry) or distributed through the matrix (admixture) - to where they are needed most, that being where the water is present to reactivate and stop the leakage.
RADMYX™ can be mixed into "Readymade" form then used as a dry shake material broadcast on to slabs and worked into the surface during the finishing operation by helicopter.